Whether you are kayak fishing or just going out for a paddle, the attire is very similar. In a kayak you should always plan to get a little wet. If launching or landing on a beach we must get our feet wet in order to get in or out of the boat safely. It is always better to have one or two extra items with rather than wishing you just had one more layer.
Heres what you should bring...
- Quick drying clothes
- Rain jacket or windbreaker (even when its really sunny)
- Water shoes or running shoes that can get wet, or sandals with straps
- Dry bag for phone, wallet, camera and other valuable items
- Water bottle and a few quick/easy snacks
- An extra layer that can fit in your drybag